Monday, January 30, 2012

Here is the link to our story in the Lincoln Journal Star. It made the front page! The facts are not totally correct, but really close to telling our story! Thanks Nick!
Click here to go to the Lincoln Journal Star
The best story to happen after the story in the paper, after getting lots of warm fuzzies from friends and family, is that one of my students came to see me outside of class and wanted to give Quinn $1.00 of her allowance, along with a big hug, to help pay for Quinn's house! Oh how I love to share our story and affect others in good ways! Sometimes it's hard to be open and honest about everything, but knowing that we are making a difference and educating people around us to see that everyone is important and we all can make a difference, makes it more then worth it!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I found your story inspiring and thank you for sharing. I'm excited for all of you for this wonderful opportunity for an accessible home. My son has some of the same struggles (trach & g-button dependent) and has numerous health issues. It's so nice to see how the community has surrounded you and given you the support and assistance you deserve! It goes to show how our children can truly be a blessing to so many people and can bring great joy and hope.

Jed D. said...

Quinn and family,

I don't know if you remember me or not, but I was a physical therapy intern with LPS. I read your story today in the LJS and was so pleased to hear of the progress you've made! I still have Quinn's Christmas card from 2009 (along with several other students) above my computer desk. It makes me smile. Keep up the great work!

Liz said...

Hello! My name is Liz, and I am a UNL student. You've never met me, and I've only met Quinn 2 times so far, but I will see her more throughout the year. This semester I am in a preschool practicum, and I have Quinn in Miss Rachel's morning Excite class! I loved waking up this morning and seeing Quinn on the front page. Thank you for sharing your story with us!