Wednesday, January 18, 2012


John is always talking about how one of his favorite memories as a child was making bread with his mom. So the tradition continues.

Today was our big day of doctors at Children's Hospital in Omaha.





Today Grandma Martha, Quinn and I headed to Omaha to the Children's Speciality Clinic, for Quinn's yearly day of doctors appointments. We saw lots of doctors, therapists, and all kinds of folks. It's a great day because we spend one morning in our own little room, and everyone comes to us. I'm so thankful for today because having all these appointments happen in one day saves us so much time. We got a few ideas for a few changes to help Quinn be her best, but over all, we had a great report after great report! So it was a good day. We got on the road home by around 3:00 and as we were going home, I was exhausted. It's one of those days where I try not to stress out ahead of time, but no matter how much I don't want to stress, I do. So Quinn was as happy as can be when we got her back into the car, and smiled and smiled. She was also tired and was sound asleep before we even got home, and once we got home and grandma was off, we both took 3 hour naps. Phew, today wore us out. I'm so thankful for Children's and a day to get so much done. I'm also glad we got it over and now that Quinn is in bed sound asleep, I can look back on the day and be so thankful for it. Thank you Lord for letting us have such a successful visit this year.

OH a fun story from Children's. First I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love the feeling I get when I'm there. It's so accepting and loving, from the staff as much as the kids and parents. We talked to two different families that had kids Quinn's age and both kids had power chairs, they were driving them great! Quinn and I talked about how hopefully the next time we are there, she will be able to drive her chair around like they are. One of the families talked to me about how their son can't use his chair in their home because of their stairs. They can't get it into the house. So they are in the process of getting ready to sell, so we talked about how we had the same issue. It's really nice to talk to folks that truly know what you are going through.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Yeah! So glad your yearly visit went well. And, one of my favorite memories as a kid was also making bread with my mom. How fun that John and Quinn can do that together!