Sunday, November 25, 2012

It is finally Christmas season!
I have to say that after being in the apartment the last two Christmas's, I have looked so forward to decorating our house!  I'm going to break you in slowly, as we have quite a bit of Christmas Cheer inside.  So on Thanksgiving we got 4 kids to hang out with us for the weekend.  The two older kids played with John in the basement, but the two younger ones, Quinn, and I got to decorate, and it was so much fun!
I love this set up, this was Quinn's picture from last year, and I love it.  It is also her ornament from last year with her fingerprints, and we do believe, so this is the perfect start for us.

A bit of fun with the Grinch.

We did get to see Santa already, and we messed and messed with poses, Santa and the elves were going to get a good picture, and we finally settled on the two of them looking at each other.  Quinn was not sure about Santa, but as always Santa is amazing!
Then my Thanksgiving project was reworking this cd shelf, I wish I would have taken a before picture, it was the basic black and light wood look.  I actually had it in the goodwill pile, then I changed my mind, and did some painting and work, and I think it turned out crazy cute!  I'll add pictures of the tree later, as I don't want to get this to long.

I do however have to add our fun stuff on the shelf.  It looks so cute.  Oh I was hoping Quinn would be a little more excited about all the Christmas stuff, but I'm hoping she loves is and is just not showing it as much.  Either way, we have had fun with the long weekend, playing with all 5 of our kids for the weekend, but today we are back to just Quinn and I'm looking forward to some good Christmas books and I need some good cuddle time.  I also am writing the big bad letter to her wheelchair company today, so prayers that they are willing to work with us to get this chair into good working condition or help us get into something that does work better, and that I can write the letter that will affect them and help them see how important this is to us.
Blessings,
Susan

No comments: