Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 26, 2010


Wow, we are having a busy summer! Here is one of the resting moments with Quinn and her dad for father’s day! Just look at how big she is getting! I’m thinking she had another growing spurt! I’ve figured out I need to hold her on my right side more often because as we have been looking at houses, I have found out that I can hold her on my left side no problem, but can’t hold her as long on my right side, so as we look at more homes today, I’m going to try to hold her on my right side. As for the looking for houses that can be modified journey – it’s crazy! We have found a couple homes that might work, we are going to try to get an architect out to see them next week, and I’ve also learned that some people live like pigs! Some houses we have gone into are stinky and just plain gross! As for our house, we had a painting party on Wednesday, thanks girls for helping. Our garage is filling up with the clutter that we are pulling out of all the rooms; I’m painting like a mad woman, and boxing at the same pace. I’m actually glad I’ve done so much boxing at school, as I’ve learned from there, that it can get done, just keep working hard!

Well, let’s get to the fun stuff!

Here she is after the dentist with her goodie bag and prize. She is also showing me how she can open her mouth big and wide for the dentist to see.

Quinn has been working hard, but I think she got a bit of a cold, as she is a bit sniffily. I have to say that I have not spend near the time I’ve wanted to with her this last week, with trying to get our house ready to go on the market, but the time that we have spent together makes me so happy. Friday was our big day this week. Quinn had her first trip to the dentist. We went to see the dentist, who was wonderful with Quinn, so I’m glad we got a referral there. When we were there, Quinn did great! She likes to have her teeth brushed, so that part was fine, we the dentist started scrapping the stuff off her teeth, she freaked a little and held her breath, which scared the dentist a bit, but over all it was a great visit, and to top it off, Quinn got a cut giraffe and bubbles, I totally forgot about prizes at the dentist office.


Quinn did amazing at water therapy with Erin, and her student Erin, yup, both Erin’s. Quinn kicked like crazy, and even started moving her hands in the water to go. That is a big deal, those hands are hard to get to go the way she wants them to, but she conquered them a few times and it was wonderful to see!

We will have some fun events over the next two weeks, Work hard Play hard comes to mind. I’ve got to work hard so Monday Grandma Vicki and Kaleb are coming to play and we have a few fun events planned. Part of it entails laying much in the back yard that is something fun for an 8-year-old right? Well, that is not all the fun, but it’s good to be helpful too, so I’ll just say I’m helping him learn to give of himself! ☺ Well, now I’m really thinking I better get to work, so off I go!

Please say some prayers that we get the house in order in the next couple days, and that the right person sees it and falls in love with it, like I did, and hopefully it happens sooner rather then later. I’m also praying for Quinn to get ride of her cold, it’s not fun to be sick, especially in the summer!

Blessings!
Susan

No comments: