Sunday, July 31, 2011

Please say some prayers, Tuesday morning is Quinn's surgery at 8:00 a.m., we have to be there at 6:00 a.m., so it's going to be a long day! The doctor will go down her throat to see how the top of her trach site looks. It should be a simple out patient process, but anesthesia is involved, so it makes me a bit worried. I do know that prayer works so if you could help us out, I would be grateful!


I walked into Chrissy's house to find Quinn and Casey hanging out. I tell you what, Chrissy seriously has super powers! Quinn was over there for a few hours and in that time went potty twice, only sitting on the potty less then a minute both times, and stayed totally dry all morning. While yesterday she sat on the potty for me a few times totaling 20 minutes, and continued to tell me, she wanted to go potty, and did not do it. She will potty for me sometimes, but she does it for Chrissy all the time! We love you Chrissy! Then we got home from Chrissy's and Quinn took a 3 hour nap, as she does not want to miss anything over there, so waits to get to our boring old house and then sleep!



Well John has not gotten to leave Lincoln for the summer so we went to Omaha for a bit. If you have not been to the Joslyn lately, it's great! The children's garden was wonderful. We even ran into one of my students, and she helped me start to think of school and look forward to it!

Then we walked around Nebraska Furniture Mart, dreaming of all the things we would love to have someday, and more importantly trying to figure out what we both like, in my opinion, John goes for boring, and I go for kookie, and those don't mix to well, but I'm starting to change his mind. Weird enough, we ran into our friends from Ohio when we were there! That was so fun! So we got another picture with Karissa!

Finally we got to do some swimming, but not to much, as the water was freezing, but with dad swimming with her, she sure did not want to get out right away! Just look at that big kick in progress! You go Quinn! So a day of relaxing and fun, to get us ready for work and surgery!

No comments: