Saturday, November 12, 2011

Here Quinn is at therapy reading a book, and with just a bit of elbow support, she is doing great moving her hands to see what is behind the flaps!

We had another wonderful dance class last Monday! Just look at her legs, not just walking but marching across the floor!



What a busy weekend we are having!
We started off with a birthday party! It's Quinn's very first birthday party that was full of over 10 little girls. She has gone to friends parties, and family parties, but this was the first where it was full of little girls, and games, and crafts, and so much fun. If you look you can see Quinn singing and having so much fun! Amelia's mom did such a great job of introducing Amelia and Quinn to the rest of the girls. She talked to them about how to talk to the girls and how they answer. Then she had the girls ask Amelia and Quinn questions, and it was wonderful. It only lasted a minute, and helped the girls understand better. Then we made butterflies, Quinn picked a yellow one to make. No surprise there! Then we played a few games, where the girls were asked to get a prize or dance, or give high fives, and things like that. One little bitty girls got the sheet that said to give a hug to everyone. She was not sure she wanted to do that, but with her big sisters help, she was all for it and went around the circle, and did great, that is up until she got to Quinn and Amelia, and she did not know what to do and there is nothing wrong with that at all! I wish I could say I just jumped in there and helped her out, but instantly, I got tears in my eyes, and felt like that little 3rd grader who was not included in the playground game. Not what I wanted to feel, but that was what happened. Thankfully, her mom jumped in and had her and her sister and a few other girls give big group hugs to the girls, and everything was lovely! I'm not sure what came over me, as to why I lost my self control for a few minutes. Thankfully I got myself under control, but uggg, it's not easy for me to see Quinn in a spot where others are unsure around her. I know it will happen, and today the girls were sweet as can be about it, but still..... I know that will always be the case, and I think that is one of many reasons why I blog about our life. To share our experiences for everyone to see that she is simply a lovely little girl who wants to share her love for life with others and enjoy life, just like all of us. I talked with another mom for quite awhile about Quinn, and I love to do that. Over all it was a wonderful morning and we are so grateful to have been able to share the morning with our friend Amelia!




Next up was a football game! We went to Seward to watch football with Amy. Well, in Quinn's case she wanted to watch and listen to the band, but again, we had a wonderful time. The weather was beautiful and the parents were so supportive of their boys! So much fun! I always love seeing the boys get together as a team for a prayer at the end of the game as well! I also just have to say that I'm so proud of our Huskers and Penn State, for taking a moment to say a prayer at the beginning of the game today. It brought me to tears today to watch! Phew, I guess it's been a tearful day today!


Then it was back home to meet with Delrae to go over where lights, and outlets will be in the house, this is where I'm so grateful for Delrae, because I know things like that are a big deal, but I'm not sure where I want things or where they would work best, but after some learning about this and that, we got things figured out. Quinn was tuckered out by this time after all the yelling and singing and working so hard not to take a nap at the football game, that now she did not want to sit with us at the table, or really talk to us in general. She only wanted to listen to her stories, and that was ok with me, as I'm sure if I was 4 I would not want to sit in on outlet cover discussions!

No comments: