Friday, November 4, 2011

Yet another post for the week!




Well, we had a busy day today! Quinn had a great day at school, and I'm a bit surprised, because she was excited about this afternoon and did not go to sleep until it was way to late last night. But she likes to prove me wrong, and she was simply wonderful! Trusses got put up on the house! I've learned that is the triangle shape under the roof! Yet another step closer to having it built, and that is getting more and more bitter sweet! The process of it getting built is filled with such love, that moving into it and not working with the folks building it, makes me sad, but knowing they will be part of our lives forever makes it all work out!
As our story simply continues to grow and grow, we have a few more chapters to add to it today. First a kind soul was donating their crane for the day for us to use to get the trusses onto the top of the house, but with the bad weather and such, it fell through, and then just like that, Greg or Ken or one of our amazing team members make a call or two, and another big piece of yellow machinery (can you tell I know my big machines) showed up at our house, and I hear it had to travel quite a ways to get there, but it was there with a driver and everything to help with the tresses! Wow! Just amazing!


Here are a few of our amazing guys working on the house! Well, not at the moment, but they are working hard!
There are seriously hundreds of folks working on the house now, again, not at this moment, but through the process, and it's totally overwhelming if I really think about it! God at work! We are seeing the power! Amazing!
Watching them climbing around up on the top of those trusses like it's a jungle gym is just amazing! My goodness, just be careful!

Well, we did not help with the trusses, but we were out there, because Lance, who does Lance's Journal on Lincoln's channel 10/11 news wanted to report on our story. Here is his website, http://www.1011now.com/lancesjournal I got a call from him about a week or so ago, as he had heard about our story and the amazing home we are building, and after talking with him, I was so excited to share our joyful experience with everyone, I thought, what is Quinn going to wear, and I wish I would have done a better job sticking to my diet, but YES let's do it! Let's share the love! So after I worked half a day at school, I pulled up to our lot, I saw the trusses getting put into place, I saw Chrissy and Quinn, John and his parents, my mom and Steve, our friend Barb, who got this whole thing started, Greg, Delrae, and Ken, and a lot of amazing folks there to help us out! I could totally feel the love that was there. Shortly after I got there, Lance pulled up in his 10/11 SUV. In my mind he would have a camera guy with him, but he did it all! What a talented guy! He asked me if we had enough information to fill up a few minutes of air time, and I told him that would not be a problem. Now after filming for over an hour, he has a lot of editing to do, we did not think it would be right to skip the weather and sports for the night.

He started interviewing Chrissy and Quinn first, and Chrissy talked about Quinn. Lance asked her if Quinn understood what was going on, she said yes, Absolutely! She was asked more questions about Quinn and it ended with Chrissy sharing that Quinn is wise beyond her years, because she is such a good thinker! Thanks Chrissy, with that chilly air blowing around out there, my heart was warmed beyond belief! I totally agree, but it's so good to hear that I'm not the only one that thinks that way!

Then it was Quinn, John, and my turn, and John and Quinn stole the show big time, as they were singing and talking to each other! I sure hope the mics picked up Quinn's voice. We talked about how the house thing started and how amazing the experience has been.



Then Barb and Greg were interviewed. After that Delrae and Ken were on for a bit, as well as some shots of everyone that was there. Greg talked about a few things with the house and a few of the hundreds of folks involved in this project, and Lance filmed the guys as they finished adding the last tress to the house. We were all standing outside, as it's the only safe place to be when that is happening and the grandma's had to take care of Quinn like crazy! I tend to let her fend for herself, and if she gets cold she has to tell me, but not the grandma's! They were making sure she was nice and warm. I love it how she was watching the tresses get placed on the house too! That is what she is looking at in the one picture!


So here is hoping Lance finds the heart and soul in our story. The love everyone is putting into this along with a lot of hard work and time. Here is also hoping the viewers see Quinn for who she is, and not just her disability. We tried to share that is how our home is going to help Quinn be the amazing person she is, and she will be able to do things in spite of her disability and it will not get in the way of her success because of what our team is doing in the house to help her be successful! So check out our story either on line after Monday, or on the news Monday night, or Tuesday morning, and share in our wonderful story! http://www.1011now.com/lancesjournal Wow, even with a chill in the windy air today, it was a warm fuzzy day for us! Blessings and thanks for checking in on us!

No comments: