Saturday, December 17, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! I love this picture Tabi took of Quinn, it totally catches her personality, I love it almost as much as I love her! Well, here is our Christmas Post! I hope you can fine the quiet moments to reflect on your year and the meaning of the season!

Our year, top 10 style!

10: Ten trips to the doctors in a week, ironically not for Quinn, but for John. His blood is not cooperating with the rest of his body, but his attitude is wonderful as he keeps working so hard to feel better. I think this is the first year that we have only made 1 trip to the hospital that was not planned, Quinn has had a great year.

9: Nine or more, cheesy made for TV Christmas movies, I admit it, I love them. I start everyone out saying, I’m not crying, these are too cheesy, but there is nothing else on, then by the end I’m a mess, and loving every bit of it.

8: Eight, technically even more, teachers, therapists, nurses, and other adults who help Quinn be her best. Not to mention her dance teachers, and there are a bunch of them, as every student has an adult partner to help them out. It's pretty amazing! I can’t believe we are starting to talk about Kindergarten for her next year! Where does the time go? I can’t begin to thank the folks we have working with her, they are invested and care about her and for that, we are so luck.

7: Seven miles for John to get to work. He’s still working at Lincoln Benefit Life, and has been so lucky to miss out on all the layoffs, and there have been a lot of them. So we are once again reminded how fortunate we are.

6: Six minutes walking around the apartment complex to let Blue do his job. Oh that is one thing I will not miss, when we leave this complex. I cannot wait for a backyard.

5: Five years old, is how old Quinn is. I think her favorite activity is playing with dad when he gets home. He can get her to giggle like no one else can.

4: Four stars for our amazing caregiver, Chrissy. Sometimes I think she is our all and all. She still gets Quinn to do things before everyone else, such as going potty on the potty, talking, walking, again, she is amazing and Quinn loves her as much as we all do.

3: Three wonderful people helping build our house, Greg, Delrae, and Ken have been hard at work figuring out how to get us “Quinn’s House” that works best for her, and do it in our budget, while sharing her story, and bringing so many folks on board to share the love. We are hoping to be in it after the Parade of Homes in May.

2: Two moves for me, Zeman moved to an offsite school location last year, and we moved into our wonderful redone school this year, I still love my job, teaching art to my wonderful students, and am so fortunate to work doing something I love.

1: One amazing year, full of friends, family, and a little girl, who is simply amazing and inspires us every day! Merry Christmas! We are blessed and send blessing out to you this holiday season!

No comments: