Thursday, December 1, 2011

sometimes you just have to be thankful for just being!

Quinn sleepinggrandma sleeping
dad sleeping

Well, sometimes the plan does not go as planned. Tonight, the plan was to go Celebrate and support the Heart Association, by having my mom and I attend the Go Red for Women's night out. John and his mom were going to watch Quinn, and then we were going to come back home and relax and hang out. Instead, I get home from school to find out John's in the hospital, his blood was all messed up, although that's not a huge surprise, as he has had a rough couple of days, but now he can say that he knows what getting plasma feels like. He had a great outlook and is now doing ok, thanks to the doctors, and so my mom and I were going to still go to the Cornhusker since John was doing ok, only to have my mom get sick after we got there, so to make a long story short, this is not the night that we planned on, as I'm sitting here while the family all sleeps around me! Quinn has a cold, but over all she is doing ok, in fact watching her drive her power chair around today was amazing, and on a totally different note, I just love her outfit, she is so cute! John's body is a mess, but his attitude is amazing, my mom's equilibrium is all messed up, but she is spending time with us, and we can support the heart association next year.
So this evening, I'm going to be thankful to simply be, knowing that we are not at our best yet, but we will get there again soon!
A few prayers for John would be appreciated, as I think mom will be ok after a good night sleep, but John's body needs some time to heal up. His head needs to understand that and not push so hard! So prayers would be appreciated!
We also have a friend, Justice, who has just gone through a big surgery, and she is crazy tough, but she has a big fight to overcome, so prayers for her to continue to battle her body, and feel good and overcome would also be appreciated! Oh days like today remind me how grateful I need to be on the "average days".
Blessing!

No comments: