Friday, May 28, 2010

5-28-10

It’s been an emotional week! A good emotional week!


First the Zeman Student Council decided to give money to Quinn. That is not just a little deal, but a big deal, coming from lots of hard work! I’ve said over and over how I love my job, I work with an amazing staff, but it comes down to wonderful kids! As shown in one of the pictures where we had a group hug! I feel like I say it a lot, and honestly I don’t always feel it, but more often then not I thank God for how lucky I am. On a side note, I got two cards from two of my kindergartners after the assembly, wanting to tell me how they were sorry my daughter was still sick, and they hoped her heart got better! To be followed up by one of their teachers talking about how they had a talk about why she was crying at the assembly, and how all tears are not sad tears, but happy ones. So again, Quinn taught many kids again today, and she was not even there. I have to say as the picture shows, I was emotional. I don’t think I was a total basket case, but I love these kids and staff and I think every day this week, something has gotten to me, and my tears just start pouring out. I blame part of it on packing, as our school is moving, part of it on me being a very emotional person, and part of it on this time of year, as I look at our 5th graders and mourn the fact that I’m not going to see them next year. We have a great group of kids, and I hope and pray that they know how much I care about them. So I am grateful!
After I got home and talked to Quinn, she was excited too! Grandma Martha, and Daddy agreed!

Stories for the week! We have been playing a waiting game with a number of things. Our water occupational therapist is on maternity leave, so we are waiting until next week to start that up again. We had Quinn’s 6-month review for Lincoln Public School System, and we know she will be starting school half days in the fall, but are waiting to find out where that will be. I am starting to prepare myself for that, but I know I’ll be a mess then too. Not that I should be, she will love it, but as a mom, I want don’t want her to grow up to fast. We are also waiting on getting new windows for the basement, as I broke one of them as I was trying to let some fresh air into the house, so figured we have to take care of that, as there is a nice breeze currently running through the basement. We have gone through the procedure of having the sales guys come out, and now we need to pick, and get them ordered and installed. I can’t believe how much more expensive basement windows are then regular windows, but it needs to be done. I also got a call from Assistive Technology, finally, I called them back, and again I’m waiting to get back in touch with them. It’s looking like we might get the lift installed and a ramp this summer and the remodels of the bathroom will be next year, so we will be patient with that too, but I think we can handle one more year in the tub, I just need to continue to take care of myself, so I can take care of her. Although I’m not really sure of anything, so I’ll have to wait to let you know the details of anything. It’s looking like that appointment will be in a couple weeks.

On a different note, my friend Kathy stayed with us for a couple days this week, and I can always count on her being honest in what improvements she sees in Quinn. She heard Quinn say “yellow, and orange” and said she could see Quinn holding up her head so much better, so that was nice to hear. We had a girl’s night out, Quinn, Grandma Martha, Kathy and I we went to Macaroni Grill, that was nice, and Quinn just does so good getting out and being so good! She is such a good girl! In fact tonight she giggled and giggled for me when I picked her up! Oh, how she can pull at my heart!

As for this weekend, it’s a girl’s weekend too; Quinn and I are going to get more boxing done at school. I’m hoping to get it about done. It’s getting to the point that I don’t know where to put the boxes, and I’m letting myself get a bit stressed about it. I just need to get my job done and let the rest go, but sometimes that is hard for me to do. I’m also looking forward to resting and relaxing, and with this being Memorial Day weekend, being grateful for the country I live in and thankful for the people who have given their lives for our freedom, and who are still giving of themselves for our freedom. As well as my relatives who are looking down on us from heaven. It’s nice knowing there are some angels up there helping us out. I appreciate it and love them so.

Wow, this has gotten long! Blessings and by the next journal, school should be out, the art supplies should be boxed up, I’ll have a week long class to take, then summer, I am so ready, so I guess I’m waiting for that too! I’m not taking the waiting for granted though! We have Lots of cuddling and reading, and walker time, and love and so much more, that will get fit in between all the waiting!

Susan

No comments: