Thursday, August 16, 2012

Quinn has her first day of Kindergarten under her belt. It has been a very busy few days for us. Getting all her stuff in line, writing endlessly about her and her supplies, so things can run smoothly. We met a number of folks at Maxey and introduced Quinn or reintroduced Quinn. Quinn was amazing at the meeting. She was quiet and after awhile she started talking on her Dynovox, saying I want to hear a story, and listing all of the stories she wanted to hear. On her first day of school she did a good job introducing herself to people through her dynovox. I heard a few stories about it, one being she went up to one of the para's and clicked, hello, then, My name is Quinn, then, I like to play with dolls. I love it that she is getting so good at the dynovox! The second day was not quite as great! There must of been the second day blues or something, as she kept asking for her family! Oh that makes me sad for her. She is so sensitive and sweet and gets so much more then folks might thing, and I pray that they take as good of care of her as I do, and love her just a pinch as much as I do. She is an amazing little girl and I would love to hide her away at times, so she would not feel upset or sad, but we are better then that. We are going to educate folks, we are going to share experiences, let everyone see that just because you have wheels, you are not all that different! Oh, on another note, I always share a bit about me with my kids at my school, and one slide that I show them is Quinn in her new fancy wheels, and I take 6 seconds to mention how she has new wheels to get her into Kindergarten, and how fancy they are. I tend to have one or two kids in most of the classes say, wow that's so cool, that's not fair, I want a chair like that! Oh it makes me smile! The innocents of children! If only we could all keep that sweet innocents that children have, as adults, the world would be so much better! Ok, back to Quinn, after school we also made it to therapy, and I though she would be pooped and not do great, but I was wrong, she did amazing, walking, talking, working so hard! So I know all this therapy, school, and getting Quinn out and about is so good for her, she is going to love Kindergarten, and I'm going to have a girl that just keeps getting smarter and smarter! Finally on another note, we get our first foster kids respite time this weekend with 3 kids. I wish I could share pictures and all, but that is not allowed, but I am sure I will have stories to share. We are excited to start this new chapter in our lives! Quinn keeps saying she wants a brother, but we shall see. Blessings, Susan Oh and a big thanks to Chrissy for taking pictures. Also a big thanks to grandma and grandpa Nelson for watching Quinn on her early out school days.

No comments: