Thursday, August 2, 2012



Wow, we have been busy.  Dad and Grandma watched Quinn over the weekend while I went to my “10” year reunion.:)  Well, I’ll fib about that for now.  They did great, and I actually had a good time.  I still say some of my dearest friends are from High School.  It’s so nice to have forever friends that know all your secrets from 4th grade.

Past that, let’s get to Quinn.  We have been working on her chair, and weird enough I’m as tired as she is when it comes to working on her chair.  In fact, I messed things up today.  I was waiting until the last minute to drive to a doctor appointment in Omaha, as Quinn was sleeping, and I messed up the times and we both fell asleep and we missed the appointment!  Oops! 

Getting to the best part!  My amazing daughter is loving her chair, and Tuesday she got her hand on and off of her joystick all by herself!  That is such a big deal, as there are only a few things she really likes to hold onto or reach out and pick up, like her duck, and she does like to hold hands, but past that she does not tend to reach out and pick many other things up.  Well, she was driving, and rather then wait for us, Chrissy and I to help her pick her hand up and move it onto her joystick, she did it all on her own!  It was amazing!  Amazing I tell you!  She is going to be an amazing driver, I just know it!  Being able to be in control of yourself, what is better then that!  Finally she can control what she will be doing.  I still just can’t believe what a big deal this chair is.  We are so thankful for her having enough control to be able to do this.  So thankful!  As well as being so thankful for therapists who have faith in her and help her be successful!  Yup, I feel like a broken record, but we are so lucky!

No comments: