Friday, August 10, 2012

We had a fun last week of summer before Kindergarten starts next week.  I have been back at school getting my art room ready and learning all kinds of new information.  Quinn on the other hand has been busy hanging out with Grandma Martha and Grandma Vicki.  She is playing and working hard on driving her powerchair.  She is doing so much better then she was a week ago.  She still has a ways to go, but she is making great progress.  She has driven through a few doorways, and is more comfortable driving outside, and is a bit worried about driving inside right now.
We went to the county fair, and she did all the driving, of her chair that is.  I would need to put my hand on her arm to help her make turns, or do hand over hand at times.  We got lots of comments on her chair, commenting on how cool it is.  That was fun. 
The sweetest story from the fair was that we were walking through the carnival and stopped at the food booth, as we needed a corn dog, and this sweet little girl with this big pink bear, came up to Quinn and us, and asked if she could give Quinn her bear.  We (grandma and I) asked if she was sure, and if it was ok with her parent, and it was, so I had a wonderful teachable moment.  I love these moments.  So I showed her how to talk to Quinn and ask if she wanted it, and told her how kind it was, and gave her as many warm fuzzies as she gave us.  Life is so good, and there are so many folks that give out the warm fuzzies of life.  We hear about so many cold prickles of life, but I can report that the warm fuzzies are there, and I'm so fortunate to be able to share those moments more often then not.
Blessing!

Oh, on a personal note, we had our school open house last night, and I am so ready to start teaching again, seeing these kids come in with excitement and joy.  OH, it was great to see them, and it gave me that final push I needed to be ready to get started.

Susan

No comments: