Sunday, August 26, 2012

Quinn is loving her dynovox, and continues to find things that I did not know were there. School is going well, I feel like we have a great team, a big team, but a great team. We are figuring things out, and I appreciate all the love that everyone is sharing with us, even while figuring things out, and what works and what does not work. Quinn got to go to a birthday party on Saturday, and it was so fun, it was at Art Planet, and most of the kids there, were from Quinn's special needs dance class. I have to say, I love educating folks on how to talk to Quinn, but it was so nice to be there, as so many folks were talking to Quinn, and had no reservations, and just poured out the love to her, that was such a fun afternoon! Finally we had a new group of kids over to our house for the weekend, and they were great kids. Again, they wanted to learn about Quinn, and loved talking to John about football and wrestling. I started out wanting to do foster care to help out all these kids, but so far, I'm learning so much more from them. We have amazing kids coming to spend the weekends with us, and Quinn is loving being with them.

No comments: