Saturday, September 11, 2010

9-11-10

A picture is coming, we are in process of packing again, and wanted to get something on here, if it does not totally make sense, it's because I'm multi tasking!

This week is kind of like our garage, going from being full of stuff we really don’t need, to being empty and ready to be inspected for terminates. Well, I guess that might not be a perfect example, but I feel like we are finally getting our ducks in a row to figure out how to get things done, clear out some clutter in our lives and pay attention to the things that we should.

Quinn had a nice long Labor Day weekend, she was not feeling great, but by Tuesday she was great again. We kept her home Tuesday, and will always keep her home Wednesday’s until she can handle more. So instead of school she supervised the moving of the stuff. Grandma Vicki brought the stock trailer down, and with the help of Grandma Martha, Grandpa Harold, John, Chrissy, and Quinn (just to give myself a bit of credit, I worked from 6 to 7:15 until I had to go work at school) all worked like crazy to pack up stuff that we won’t use while we are in the apartment. Thanks so much! It’s so nice to have a good support system! I keep thinking if we can do without it for a year, we probably don’t really need it, but most of it is artwork that goes on walls or decorates the house, and I don’t want to get rid of that, but I should downsize, it would be good for me and who ever else gets it from where ever we end up taking it. Well, back to Quinn, both grandma’s got to see Quinn ask Chrissy to go potty, and follow it up by going potty! YEAH! I have not seen it yet! I don’t know why she is not doing it for me, but as of now, it’s not something we have shared! I honestly did not know if we were ever going to see Quinn potty trained, I keep hoping for the best, but I don’t know what the future holds, and to have Quinn working so hard at it is just amazing! I’m also excited for her to understand holding it and feeling agitated, and relaxing, to go, and feeling calm and loose, that will help with every day life too. Sometimes she gets agitated and can’t calm herself down very well, so when she figures out how she relaxes to go potty, that can hopefully carry over into other areas of life and relaxing! Nothing like a little potty talk hun? Now to start getting a special potty chair for Quinn to use, as I’m not as good as Chrissy as holding her on the potty for very long amounts of time.

Talking about potty training, one more story. Quinn was jabbering and jabbering at Chrissy’s and was getting stuff together in the kitchen and comes out to see what Quinn wanted, and Quinn had both hands up showing Chrissy she needed to potty – NOW! Then she did! Wow, I am loving hearing this stories!

So Thursday was her first day of school this week. Chrissy got a call around 10:00, it was not a panicked call, but she went to Riley to talk to Quinn, as her breathing was loud and hard. Chrissy got there and started talking to Quinn, and again everyone there sat in awe of what Quinn will do for Chrissy, as she still is not talking to anyone at school, and Chrissy finally figured out that she wanted to go home with Chrissy and play. I have to admit that although that is not a good behavior at all, and I’m so sorry that she freaked a few people out, and is still building trust with the Riley teachers and staff, but she is 3 and testing her boundaries, as to what she can get away with, I’m still proud of her testing her boundaries. Well, Chrissy said that it’s school time and she is there to learn and her naughty behavior could send her to the safe seat, and I hear Quinn was pretty sad hearing that, but made it through the rest of the morning without Chrissy. Sadly for Quinn when she got to Chrissy’s to play, instead of playing, she promptly fell asleep and slept all afternoon, so there was not much playtime with Chrissy on Thursday. There are just not enough hours in the day. Actually I wish I could throw a fit and have Quinn and Chrissy come play with me at school, because I feel like I’m missing out on so much of her excitement, but I’m sure thankful to hear about it, and more then thankful for the awesome people in her life, so willing to love her up and help her be successful!

On that note, have you checked out the Better U page, where I am trying to get healthy! You can sign up to get healthy too! Read our blogs about what we are doing, and learn a few things to help you get healthy too! Check it out at: http://www.1011now.com/betteru and if you want to see our commercial go to facebook and join the American Heart Association – Lincoln group and go down to August 20th and you can see our commercial. I think we look great, and better then that I’m feeling great! I’ve got a long way to go, but I’m getting there!

1 comment:

Nikkidemas said...

We missed you at the meeting last night! Hope Quinn is doing well & I hope to work out with you again soon!