Thursday, September 30, 2010

9-30-10


Here is what I woke up to this morning. Instead of her holding onto her ear, she is holding onto the side of her CPAP mask. I love it. You can also see her G Button, that she gets most of her formula through, but now that she is doing better we are going to get back to oral feedings, very slowly, but it’s good to feel like we can start again!

Here are Quinn and Amelia on the hammock at Chrissy’s. They are loving being together again, but not to close together, as they have both been in the hospital this last month, and need to get well! From what I hear they were pretty upset with Chrissy for not letting them snuggle up face to face!

If you could say some extra prayers for Amelia, this was taken a couple days ago, and she is back in the hospital, the pneumonia never totally went away, so we need Amelia to get better soon! On that same note, Quinn went back to school today, and I am a little worried that the germs are going to get to her. So prayers all around would be wonderful!

Well, getting back into the swing of things is such a good crazy feeling! Quinn is doing great, still has the snot, but past that we are thankful! Suzanne, her physical therapist, said that Tuesday was her best therapy appointment yet, and she did some talking for Stacie, talking about her fancy princess bracelets that Amelia gave her. Arial is the one she seems to always start with, so I guess we are going to have to be watching Little Mermaid more often. She is not really sleeping through the night, and then I get worried, is it the CPAP breathing machine, is she comfortable, is she snotty? Sometimes she does a good job telling me, and sometimes she is so tired, I don’t get her to say anything. So we are working on that. Actually last night was her first night to sleep, starting at 8:00 and sleeping all the way through the night, or at least she did not wake me up with weird breathing, or the night before last, she was awake and kept hitting me until I woke up. That is even a big deal, as she can move her arms, but sometimes does not have total control of them, but she got some good hits in to wake me up, and I’ll take each one of them. She was not feeling great that night!

One of the Children’s Home Health guys came and looked at the CPAP machine, and told me that it takes a few weeks for kids to really get comfortable with their machine, so over all I would say she is doing so good. We are both glad to be home, and sleeping in your own bed is oh so nice!

We are getting ready to move this weekend, if all goes according to plan! So it will be a busy few days. I sure hope that our stuff will help Quinn find a sense of home right away in our apartment. I’m a little worried that the move will be hard on her, but I’m going to try my best to be stress free, so she does not feel anything negative from me to work off of, as she does pick up how people around her are feeling and takes it to her heart so fast.

No comments: