Saturday, September 4, 2010

9-4-10

Amelia and Quinn were spending some time together again, and Chrissy saw that they were trying their best to hold hands as they were jabbering. Quinn loves to hold hands and between both of them they almost had it, so with a bit of help from Chrissy, they snuggled up and just kept jabbering and loving on each other, while having that personal touch! Hey that is something we all need, that personal touch! To top it off, Chrissy is quite sure she heard Amelia’s first real word, and thinks she heard it twice! Guess what it was? QUINN! Yup! The first real word Chrissy heard Amelia say was QUINN! Oh wow, again, it makes me tear up, because that is purely wonderful! On a similar note, Chrissy said something to Quinn that she thought she would never say. She said Quinn you need to be quiet! Wow, Quinn has been so busy jabbering about her day at school that she wants to share all of her excitement, but Chrissy has been keeping a close eye on her naps, knowing how much she needs them. So yeah for Chrissy for taking such good care of Quinn, and yeah for Quinn for being so happy with her routine and wanting to share it with Chrissy! Oh, and she pottied or almost pottied on the potty a few more times this week for Chrissy. I have not had the pleasure of working with her with that yet, but wow, She is just amazing!

Wow, I sure do feel like we live life to the fullest in so many ways. Emotions are big and I’m thankful for my emotions, but wow, I think I would have more energy if I could not be quite so emotional. I have to admit that I wanted to be a part of Quinn’s first day of school, but I feel like I have to be so careful with my vacation days, and having Quinn just get out of the hospital, makes it so hard for me to be willing to take off for something fun and not necessary. So I dropped her off at Chrissy’s, knowing that she was in wonderful hands, and had my own cry on the way to school. I’m so thankful to be able to share Quinn with all these new people, and hope and pray that they can see all the amazing qualities that Quinn has, but at the same time, sometimes I just wish I could make a living and still get to spend all my time with Quinn. Don’t get me wrong I love my job, I just wish I could have both, since that is not possible, I’ll just get out my tears, and pray that she is well cared for.

Well she thrived for the first two days of school. Friday was a bit windy and Quinn had had a very long week, with the funeral and school, and Chrissy’s, and therapies. Well, Friday before lunch, she had a small melt down. I don’t know if it was due to the wind at recess, or sitting in her chair for longer then she is use to, or just exhaustion from the week. Whatever the case, she stiffened up and defiantly let the teachers know that she was not as happy as she had been. She took a great nap after that and was doing well, so we did our water therapy and went home and even got to bed early. Well, I woke up to Quinn crying. She hardly ever cries, but she continued crying, this cry that makes me cry. I could tell she was not feeling good, and in fact was quite miserable! We burped, did Tylenol, had daddy time which was what worked best, but we could tell she was not feeling great! The one thing I did not want to see happen, happened! I knew it would be a busy week, and was hoping and praying that she would do great, and she sure did try! As she is so amazing and all, but her body could not handle all the new excitement, so now we are rethinking how to go about her schedule, to keep her healthy and continue to keep her on track with education and helping her be successful. We don’t know what the right solution is, but we are hoping to find some down time at school for her to rest, as well as maybe cutting school down to 4 days a week for her. Nothing is set in stone as of right now, but we are asking for prayers for her to get better soon! It’s been a hard 24 hours, but she is finally resting comfortably and her breathing is still great, I’m hoping that continues! So we are hoping for this to be a short set back, and for Quinn to feel good and get back into her routine! As to what that will be, we are still figuring it out, lucky for us, we have a pretty good support system to help us figure out what would be best for Quinn, so for now I’m going to pray, think, and love her up! Wow, I’m tired!

No comments: