Monday, October 11, 2010

10-11-10

We had such a good day today! After getting started a bit slow, and doing some percussion and massage, Quinn and I were both feeling great! We read books, lounged around and loved on each other, and with how busy we have been lately, we both needed it so much! Well, we did some walker time and yes, she is in her socks and briefs and that is it!



Well, starting in the walker, and is hard work!



Just look at that determination! I love it!


Oh the spark is starting, so I'm cheering for her and she is loving it, just look at that smile starting!


Oh what a proud moment, the cheers and love from me and just look at that pride, she knows how amazing she is! What a fun moment to be a part of!


After all the talk about the trach, I was talking to our therapist at Madonna, and she was telling me about some therapist there that only work on breathing! So we are hoping and praying that we can get doctors (which I think will be more then willing to help) on board, and insurance folks (which might be a bit tougher) to agree to do a week or two of impatient therapy for Quinn.

The perfect examples of her breathing, Saturday she was breathing hard and then she saw dad, and the breathing evened out and she sang and giggled, and had no issues with her breathing. The same thing happened a few times with me on Sunday as well. I know part of the issue is physical with her tone, but I also know part of it is mental, it's how she shares her frustrations and sometimes I'm not sure of anything. I do know that I want to exhaust all of our options before doing a trach, and if that is what we need to do to help Quinn be the most successful, that is what will happen! So we will see?

Ok, the last post said the papers would be signed for the house, but with these new pictures I had to post them sooner then later, as she just made my night! Again, she did not keep her head up for a long amount of time, but she knew just how amazing she was as she was working on holding up her head! So now by this next journal, we should have papers signed and finished! I'm to the point that the only thing left in the house is cleaning stuff and one box of odds and ends. It is clean except for the garage, and I'm hoping to get that done today, and since I'm turning keys in tonight, I guess I better get done, ASAP!

Blessings!
Susan

1 comment:

Chrissy Scheer, PT said...

Very fun pictures!....I love to "see" Quinn thinking....and working so hard...she has always been that way!