Saturday, October 30, 2010

10-30-10

This first picture is of Quinn right after getting out of surgery. We were thinking she might have to be on a vent to help her breath for awhile, but she is a rock star and was on room air almost right away in the recovery room. You will see a blue close to her neck, but it is simply humidity, it's not connected and it's not anything crazy, just humidity to keep everything moist so she can heal. Her heart rate, oxygen levels, and breaths per minute were all the best I've seen in weeks and weeks.
Here she is this morning. She had a good night sleep, in fact I did too, it was not lots of sleep, but I think both of us are feeling good today. Quinn's numbers are all up a bit higher this morning. She is coughing a lot, which is hurting her, which is what we would expect. Everything else is looking great. We are going to talk to the docts about different pain meds to help her for awhile, as she is tight and frustrated, but again, if she wasn't I would be worried. It's that balance of wanting her to show us she knows what is going on, and it will hurt, as it was surgery, but a the same time letting her feel comfortable and get lots of rest over these next few days. It is looking like we will be in the Intensive care unit for the next 5 days, just as a precaution, which is fine with me. The biggest issues are for me more then Quinn, as there is not a bathroom in the room, like there is on the 5th floor, so I have to go out to the waiting room to brush teeth and all that kind of stuff. There is one shower on the floor that we have to share, but again, all that stuff is no big deal, because the care she gets here is just great! I'm going to be so well trained before we leave the hospital, as everyone that comes in is sharing this or that on what works for them, and that is nice. I'm thinking I better rest now, because after they turn things over to me, I'm going to be busy, because right now due to surgery, she is pretty snotty, but the color is good, so we are busy with suctioning and all. Oh, right now she finally fell asleep again, and is resting nicely. Thank God, this is going so well! Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes, I appreciate each and every one, and Quinn is just doing wonderful! Life is good!

Oh and a Happy Birthday to Quinn's grandpa Steve today, we decided she was going to keep doing good, in part, just for him!

1 comment:

Steven Rundell said...

Hi Susan, Quinn and John,

I am so happy and releived that Quinn is doing so well. Thanks to all of you for the nice birthday presents. I can use them while I am slaving away in the kitchen.

Love,

Grandpa Steve