Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10-25-10

I want my mummy! Can you tell we are getting into the Halloween spirit? O.K., so maybe we were just getting ready for the sleep study, but she does have a good start to being a cute mummy!



We were also busy today, painting stars. Grandma Vicki was helping us, as sometimes it’s really nice to have an extra set of hands, but Quinn loved it. She painted and painted. Sometimes she got tired of using one hand and would switch over to her other hand, but she loved it, and held onto the brush very nicely, and was doing a great job looking at what she was doing. It was a great way to spend part of the afternoon.

Well, we made it to fall break. I’ve been learning more about brain trauma. One of the girls from the betterU challenge has over come a horrible car accident in which she sustained a head injury that caused brain trauma. Now, after lots of therapy and time, she owns her own business, she is on a path she did not plan but is making the most of it, and she is amazing. We were talking, and I asked her to give me some knowledge of what Quinn might be thinking or feeling. He biggest bunch of information was things get overwhelming fast and to take it slow and give Quinn lots of down time to adjust to new things. That was what I needed to hear. With all the changes, she is overly stimulated and right now she is acting out because she is trying with all her might to tell us, give me some calm relaxing moments, life is too much right now. So thanks to my BetterU pal, and Quinn’s continued hard breathing and a three day weekend, (technically it will be a week, as it’s our fall break, YEAH) Quinn and I or Quinn and dad, have stayed home and rested and relaxed and played, for the most part. I already see her relaxing and calming down after just three days of calm relaxing time. Sometimes I feel guilty for not staying home with her, but it comes down to the fact that financially I have to work, and at the same time I love my job, and know how lucky I am to have it. These weeks help make up for it a bit, where I can just relax with Quinn.

Today we got 4 year pictures taken, granted she is not 4 yet, but with the way our schedule is going, I’m trying to get as much done this week, as time will allow. Oh just wait until you see the pictures, they are wonderful, Tabi does such a great job with Quinn and is just so patient and artistic. So get ready to see some beautiful pictures soon. If you are in the Lincoln area and need a great photographer, here is her website: http://creativeeyesstudio.com. Trying to give Quinn lots of down time and get things done, it’s a hard battle, as we have lots of doctor appointments, and we finally see one of the breathing therapists at Madonna on Friday, which is very exciting. So when we are not at appointments, therapy or the doctors, we are going to rest, and try to recoup. Today I got to see her breathing so quiet, that is until we got to Children’s Hospital for a sleep study. She was quiet and calm in the car, which was wonderful, and once we got to the hospital, she got so loud, I was a little worried they would tell me we had to admit her, but she would calm down every now and then, which was good to see. She finally fell asleep at the sleep study around 10:00, so here is hoping and praying for good results, or at least better then the last study. Right now she is quiet and sleeping so well. It’s good to see. I have noticed she has been a bit more jerky here and there, I don’t know if it is because she threw up her meds this morning, is just stressed out, or what, but I will just keep hoping for the best, and praying for her to continue to feel good and improve.

No comments: