Friday, October 22, 2010

10-22-10

Quinn is still bouncing back and forth from breathing crazy loud, to being calm and giggling and doing great! I’ve started to notice her doing great at school (for the most part) and with dad, and acting up with Chrissy and me. I think she is just feeling comfortable with us to complain about all the changes and wanting us to change it back. It’s very emotional based, that is leading to her drying out her throat and in turn inflaming her throat. So I’m glad that she can express her frustrations, and at the same time, when she is distracted, she is doing so well! We are trying melatonin (a relaxing natural medication) to help calm her down just a bit. I’m hoping that will help.

Quinn got to see the fire truck at school this week, and I was told that she gave them the biggest smile ever after they honked the horn. I would guess she was smiling more because of how excited the other kids were, but regardless, it’s good to hear she is doing so good at school, because I’m not seeing that at home as much, unless dad is there.

Talking about dad, John had his surgery this morning. I have not seen him so nervous in a very long time. His blood thickness was not quite right but after a few trips to the doctor and changing up his medications for the week, he was in the correct range for surgery. Thanks to grandma Martha for taking him to the hospital at 4:30 in the morning. I just could not wake Quinn up in order to take him. In fact, I feel a bit guilty, but Quinn and I both went to school. Quinn needs the consistency, and I can’t take a day off just to wait around in a waiting room, especially since I’ve used up so many days of my vacation already this year. John did great and is home and feeling so good. We will see how he is doing after his pain meds wear off. He does not remember having Pastor Lux visit him, or talking to me on the phone, so he is very happy, and here is hoping that he continues feeling so good.

The other exciting news, is we are getting more done with Quinn’s house. I’m getting closer to listing all the excitement, but don’t want to get ahead of myself. I’m going to try to get some pictures of everyone at our next meeting, and by then we might be starting to post pictures of the process starting. All I can say is that it’s going to be an amazing experience, and I am so excited and humbled at the process. God works in amazing ways! As to the meeting, Quinn was almost asleep when they go there, and then she woke up and freaked out a bit, and started breathing so loud and hard. After about 15 minutes and some daddy time, she calmed herself down, and by the end even gave Greg, Barb, and Ken a big smile, and little giggle. I tell you what, she is not an easy kid to figure out lately! I’ll take that over her being loud and frustrated all the time, because that would mean another trip to the hospital. So I’ll be thankful for her quiet moments!

No comments: