Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May Day! I'm so thankful for days like May Day with Quinn. I get to be reminded of May Days when I was a kid. There was a kid that I walked part way home with one year for awhile, and it was nice walking together. The first half of the walk went so fast, then after he went a different direction, the rest of the trip took forever! I got the neatest foil wrapped candy bar from him that year that was made into a sail boat, with sails and everything. That was such a nice surprise, and it made that May day for me. Last night was just as fun, picking out May Day baskets and adding a few fun things into them. Quinn really does help me relive childhood in so many ways.
Actually my students do give me that same feeling of childhood, as a teacher I just got a May Basket from one of my kids! I don't talk about it often on here, but I do love my job as an art teacher. My students are pretty amazing! Talking about that yesterday morning, our 5th graders surprised the school at our assembly with a Flash Mob Dance. We learned the dance during specials, and I think I was more excited for it then some of the kids. It went off without a hitch, the only bad thing is it only last the length of the song.
The day quickly changed moods, as I got a call or email, I don't remember, that Quinn's suction machine was not working! So thanks to Tracy for watching my students as I made some calls to Children's Home Health to get a replacement switched out. Thanks to Chrissy for following up and meeting up with her. Only to find that our machine was not broken, but a small part of the machine that was easy to fix, and they fixed it, and that was that. However, while the machine was still in the broken stage, I got another call from Chrissy to say that Quinn's wheelchair broke on the bus on the way home from school! Uggg! Again, Chrissy came to the rescue, and took it to Total Respiratory and Troy fixed it. So it was quite a day, however thanks to Chrissy all I had was a bit of stress and a few phone calls, Chrissy got everything fixed and going again! Have I mentioned how lucky we are! On the house front, Greg is our other blessing! He has been out at the house putting flooring in. That is a hard job, as I have been the cleaner, and getting things ready, and I've been sore, but he is doing the real work, and a sincere thank you does not seem adequate. But I am so very thankful! The end is also in sight, as I just paid my last month's rent check and boy did that ever feel good! So as it is with life, we have had our bumps over the last few days, but we have also had folks stepping up and making our life so much better! Today we will focus on the better! As we try to do everyday! Here our floor is going in! Hooray!

No comments: