Thursday, May 3, 2012

Such a BIG place, for such a little girl!
We had our first meeting at Maxey for Quinn. She starts Kindergarten next year. I know she is ready, but for me, it's another story. Every time I think about it, I tear up. In fact, at the meeting Joni said the dreaded words, can you believe Quinn is starting Kindergarten, and I thought I was going to loose it, enough in fact that another person at the meeting, ran for kleenexes. I got myself under control, and we really did have a meeting that I walked away from feeling very good about. Quinn's meetings include a lot of people, teachers, Speech folks, Sped folks, OT and PT folks, Chrissy, nurses, and administrators, and everyone was so positive and excited to be working with Quinn. I love the district I work in, so it should not surprise me, that it went so well, but I'm a protective mom and I want nothing but a wonderful learning opportunity for Quinn, and I feel so good about this next year. I'm still worried and sometimes wish Quinn did not have to grow up, but could be my little girl forever, but next year is going to go very well!

1 comment:

Chrissy Scheer, PT said...

I also know that she is ready for Kindergarten!.....She was so excited about going to her meeting at "her new school" yesterday! I am sure that by the end of kindergarten, she will be able to give you a tour of the entire "big" school! :)