Friday, May 11, 2012

The parade of homes is this week! If you want to check out our house and the others houses in the area, go here and click on the parade of homes banner. http://www.hbal.org/ If you then go to the flip book, we are on pages 66 and 67.
A few of my favorite MOM pictures, older ones, as Quinn is not a baby anymore, but I still love these! A big shout out to My Grandma Mook, and Quinn's Grandma's, Martha and Vicki! I have mothers day cards, and they are still in my bag, not in the mail, and not close to being ready to send out or give to any of them. Quinn did her part and signed and drew all over them, but with the week we have had, they have not gotten finished, so Mom's we love you and are so grateful to you for helping support and love us unconditionally! Also to my amazing daughter, before you, my heart ached for you, as I wanted to be a mother so much, and you make my life better, you keep me grounded, you give the best hugs and cuddles, and you inspire me daily! I could not ask for a daughter with a better personality and disposition! I love you Quinn!
Well, let's get the yucky news out of the way right away! Insurance sent their first bit of information back to us on the chair, stating they will not approve Quinn's chair. Uggg, that is heart breaking! I know how much work her therapists have put into it, and it is very upsetting! However, the facts are, most power chairs are declined the first time. We were hopeful, because so much information was turned in the first time, but we have amazing therapists who are determined to help Quinn be her most successful and get her into a power chair, so we march onward. I'm learning so much about this process, and it's not easy, but will be totally worth it! Crazy enough, we got the information Tuesday night right after we measured Quinn for her new chair, which will not be very useful if we don't have the above power chair to put it on, but .... So getting Quinn into a good seating position is very important for her back, for her being more secure, so she can feel supported so it will be easier for her to use her hands to write, draw, and sign with. It was such an exciting new step in getting the chair, so now looking back it's a bit bitter sweet, but I am confident in our team, and I have faith that this will happen, as it's what needs to happen, Quinn deserves to move around on her own accord, and a power chair is the best option for her for the moment. So even more positive thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated!
Onto much more exciting, and exhausting news, we have been working on the house like crazy! I'm so thankful for everyone who has put so much time into our house! Our big thank you party is tonight, but the work is not totally done yet! The parade of homes is this week, and I think folks will love walking through our home, but a few things are missing! We still need to get grass and a few things put outside as well, but I can say that I've gotten to be pretty good at being patient! Greg keeps saying this house is on God's time, and lucky for us, we have Greg to keep pushing things forward! The elevator comes in the week after the parade, as well as the sink that is Quinn's, and an island, but that just means we get to spend more time with Greg and Delrae, and I'm ok with that!
We got trained on the track system, which is pretty wonderful, and will be a big blessing! So Chrissy and the girls came out! Granted I had the day wrong, our trainer came out the following day (I can honestly say I've been a bit off task lately), but it sure was good to see the girls! I am looking forward to having them out to create art or cook or play. It was good to see them hanging out in OUR HOUSE! I get the biggest kick out of Casey, she wanted to sit on our new couch and take care of Quinn rather then moving a few things in! What a girl! What a great team of folks around us working so hard to keep Quinn in a place where she can succeed, be it her chair, or her house, or friendships! I've said it before and I'll say it again, even with the frustrations of denials, life is good! You can choose to see past the frustrations or become overwhelmed with them! Sometimes when I don't feel all that great, or am super tired, I feel that negativity sink in, but I get myself back in gear and choose to see the rainbow rather then the rain! Although, I will say right now, since we have some beautiful plants and trees on our lawn, as well as gutters, the rain is not all that bad either! The Otte family thinks Life is Good right now, and we are so grateful for our wonderful support systems! We are blessed! Thanks for checking in on us! Susan

No comments: