Sunday, June 17, 2012

First of all Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers and grandfathers out there. Last night Quinn and dad sang and sang, and it's the most wonderful noise I could hear. Today Grandpa and Grandma came over for lunch and Grandpa started laughing, and he does have the greatest laugh, and that made Quinn start laughing, not her usual laugh, but she started saying ha ha ha and smiling, it was to cute! What a nice lunch! Quinn is getting really good at shutting her eyes the moment she sees a camera, so here are what most of my pictures are looking like lately, until I get a picture of her, when she is not paying attention! I think I mentioned how we did 4 generation pictures with Tabi when my Memphis family was here, and Tabi had to work very hard to get Quinn to open her eyes! Silly girl! Here are Quinn and Staci with her dynovox that I was telling you about a few posts back, on this day the only thing Quinn wanted to do was look at herself on the screen, anything else and she would not look at the screen, but when we went back to this screen, she would just giggle and stare at herself! Goodness! I will say that as soon as we got home from therapy she went to sleep and slept for almost 15 hours straight! We had a couple rough nights before that! This week also was full of bible camp that went so well, summer school started, and we started looking at handicap vans, not because I really wanted to, but because the state will help pay for part of the modification, and if we did not find something this week, the state was going to stop our funding, they don't cover a ton of it, but every little bit helps, so soon we will have news of another new change. OH, even bigger then that, we have our last couple pieces of paperwork done, and we had the house inspection done, so we are going to be foster parents soon! So now we just wait and keep their room ready for them, when ever God finds the right match for us!Here is their room, waiting, ready for him or her, it's our red lemon room. So when the time is right, it's going to get interesting around here. The bummer part is that we can't post pictures of our foster kids online, so I'm going to have to get creative, but I like a challenge, so we will see what happens. So to say that we have been busy is an understatement, and we have been trying to get in a nap here and there, but I'm pooped! I'm hoping we will have a couple days here soon that we can simply rest and play, but I've got a list of things to get done here in the next few days, but right now I'm going to go take a nap! Last night was a rough night and we were up a bunch and so we are going to rest! Love to you all and happy fathers day again!

No comments: