Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Well, last week, when our family from Memphis was here, we all piled into our car and took a trip over to Iowa to see Great Aunts, and all kinds of family. We also stopped by the cemetery's and said some prayers for my two uncles and my aunt. As a mom, I can start to understand what my grandmother has been through loosing 3 children. I can't understand it all the way, but wow, she is a strong woman. It was a good day to see family and reflect on the past. Dad, Pam, Grandma, and I also took a couple days to hang towel bars, pictures, and what not's. Greg came over to add a few more doors, and work on a list of stuff. Oh, I'll have to show you our deck. He put up the neatest stairway contraption that will block Quinn from falling down the stairs, and it's slick looking. Grandma and Pam broke in our appliances and cooked up a storm. Grandpa kept an eye on things and spoiled Blue rotten. Quinn got to get fitted for her new wheelchair one final time, and I hear the chair and wheelchair base are both ordered and should be here this summer for sure! Oh boy! So it's a good thing it's summer time, because I don't know how I would be able to work and get all this done. The house is looking more and more lived in, but I'm trying to get things put into their place, but then I'm moving it to a new place, thinking it would be better there, and then I can't remember where I put it. Oh talking about things being lost, when dad and everyone was here, I lost Quinn's foot braces, and she wears them all the time. Well, dad, aunt Pam, and I looked all over the house, tearing everything up and searching for hours, and finally I felt defeated and gave up. Grandma found out she was not going to be able to see Quinn walk with out them, so she looked around for a matter of minutes and she found them, after all of us could not, so thanks to Grandma for her power to find them!So after working so hard and playing hard also, I'm feeling the same way as Quinn, tuckered out! Oh, a nap would be great this afternoon, but we have therapy, bible school, and a few other fun things planned, and Quinn started summer school this morning as well, so no naps for now, but here is hoping we have time for one in the next few days! Love to you all. Susan

No comments: