Friday, June 1, 2012

Hello! Sorry it's been so long! We were moving and I did not have my computer or internet access for a few days, not to mention a lack of time, but we are getting things done, and so many things are getting done! We are officially in our house! Rooms have gone from this -
to this - as in a huge mess, to a smaller mess, but we don't have any room ready yet, but we are getting there! Thanks to all the folks that have helped us move here or there! I know how busy everyone is, and it's been nice to have the company.
The elevator is also going in! It's been interesting to see it progress, as there is a lot of work going into it. That is very good though, as I want to be safe with Quinn in it!
At one point, the movers were here, the elevator guys, the home access folks (who were putting in our fancy new shower rods that move back and forth, so the track system can get all the way into the bathroom. The electrician, and a bunch of family and friends helping us unpack! Wow, it was exciting!
As to how we are doing? We are wonderful, as we are getting into the house, we have space to move around again. It's starting to look so pretty too! I've been working on paintings and a bit of a theme here and there and it's so fun to see it come to life! Tracy had the greatest idea on how to hang up groups of pictures. Look she did newspaper first, then hung the artwork in the same spots to make sure it fit just right. How smart is that!
I will share more rooms, when I get them done, and it's going to be a long process, and that's ok! Oh, I can share our fun little nook, that Greg came up with, and it really is lovely!
I have a desk to work at again. Quinn has her therapy swing up in the basement and it's amazing! There are things we have not gotten to yet, and things that are still being finished up, as we had to be out of our apartment yesterday, so thankfully everyone is ok working around us! We are loving the space and so thankful to be here. It does not really seem real in some ways, but other ways it seems like home, and everything is working so well! As for the three of us? I'm tired! This is hard work, but thankfully I've had help, and school is out so I've had time to start getting things done. Sometimes I feel like I'm just moving things from one pile to another pile, but things are getting done and that is good! John is tired! He has been working hard at home and at work, and has taken a couple of nights where he has slept 15 hours! I wish he would not push himself so hard sometimes, but that is who he is, I just wish he would listen to me, when I ask him to lighten up and rest a bit more. Quinn on the other hand is doing so good! She is loving her new room. She is loving her swing. She is loving watching all the people around her. She did have a moment the other day where she just started crying, and she hardly ever cries. After I picked her up and gave her some cuddle time, she was fine! She has not had much of that lately, but we will make up for it soon. This morning she started singing at the top of her lungs and was as happy as can be, and that is what makes all of this hard work oh so worth it!
Blessings! Susan

No comments: