Wednesday, March 10, 2010

3-10-10

Well, we broke the Tuesday go to the Emergency room routine. It was a close call though. At therapy Quinn started to be a bit jumpy. The best way to describe it is the startle you get if someone scares you. In a couple hours she had that jumpy movement at least 7 or 8 times. Right now is her ideal time for seizures or weird happenings because of her being sick and tired. Well these same movements happened last year so I was not extremely concerned because they are not seizures. However they are also not the norm, so they worry me. I have to try hard to find a balance because so many things can worry me so much with Quinn, and I can't let it consume me. At the same time I need to do my best to help Quinn be her best. Sometimes I can't find the right balance, but most of the time, we seem to find it, and that is a good place to be. We are scheduled to see the Neurologist tomorrow to get her medication levels tested and find out more about her EEG and have her checked out. I will share how much she has improved over all and that is a big deal. Sometimes what you see is just as important as what the tests show.

She is still a bit on the sick side with lots of mucus and a cough. She is also tired, since that cough keeps waking her up at night. In fact last night she slept with me again. We actually fell asleep at 8:00 and it was great. She only woke up a few times and after some good pats and coughs, she slept pretty good. In fact she slept good enough that I finally slept ok. The best part is since we went to be so early and she was finally sleeping soundly, I got to get up early and get a bunch of things done around the house. That was very nice.

As for stories, we have been laying low. We had a few fun things planned, but she is still so tired, that we decided to rest and relax instead.

So not much to report on. We are planning on getting outside and cleaning up the yard, and Quinn will love it, if the weather is nice enough.

No comments: