Monday, March 29, 2010

3-29

Here Quinn is after a long walk today.
Here are some fun moments with Kaleb - they wish everyone a Happy Easter!

Here are a couple pictures from the zoo. I love how she is looking at Amy!


We had a great end of spring break. We went to the zoo and out to lunch in Omaha with Amy on Friday. It was so much fun. Quinn has had an increase in her seizure medicine, and we increase it slowly over a few weeks, so I can tell that she has been a bit more tired and sluggish. At the same time along with her meds, she is still recuperating from her month of in and out of the hospital times. So she has been pretty quiet and that was the way it was at the zoo. She would sing a bit here and there but was content and happy. The only word she peeped the entire day was as we were leaving, she said “no, no, no” So she is still there and going, we just have a bit of recoup time left.

Talking about her being tired, she has not wanted to walk in her walker much at all, I think it’s due to what I talked about a moment ago, but we will just keep working. I know sometimes I am tired and don’t want to work hard, so we will just give her time and keep motivating her to do her best when she is ready.

Saturday Grandma and Grandpa Rundell came to Lincoln with Kaleb and we played and played. I left the house to go get eggs for us to dye when Kaleb got here, and when I got home the house was full of Easter Eggs and surprises. I don’t know what happened, I guess the Easter bunny must have to go to some houses early. So Kaleb helped Quinn find all kinds of fun treats. They were almost all healthy and fun.

Talking about healthy, I’m going to post this so I keep myself honest. One of the girls at school has a big paper in her room stating how her grandpa would still be with us if he would have taken care of his heart, so she runs to stay healthy. It actually is written better, but that is what I remember now. That along with a trip to the doctor for me has really kicked me into gear, and now I’ve got my sign : If I want to continue to take care of Quinn I need to take better care of myself. So I’m changing a few things in my life because Quinn is more important then anything, and I need to be able to take care of her for a very long time, I hope and pray. So that is my change I am in the process of making.

Well, the rest of the weekend went well. Kaleb still is not totally sure what is going on with Quinn and does not really know how to talk to me about it. At the same time, sometimes I don’t think I’m very good at explaining it either. He keeps telling me how his sister who is 1 can do this or that, and why can’t Quinn. I tried to explain it a few different ways, and he sort of understands it, but I need to keep working on how to explain it in a super simple way. I keep trying to say that she can do so much, but not everything a 3 year old can do. So I need to keep working on that as well.

Sunday we went into school to work for a few hours. I think the highlight of our visit was when Margie came into the art room. She gave her the biggest smile and was so happy to see her, it might be partly due to the fact that I was not giving her all the attention she wanted, but we made up for it with lots of snuggles and kisses. Oh, talking about kisses, I think she has finally given into me now when I start kissing on her she actually turns into my kisses and gives them back to me. It is wonderful. My what was I thinking moment of the week happened when I loaded Quinn into the car and got her in the carseat as we were leaving school. I got her and her bags into the car and started the car and drove off, only to see her wheelchair out of my rear view mirror, still sitting in the parking lot as we left, needless to say I went back and picked it up, but I don’t know what I was thinking. We can’t just go out to the store and pick another one of those up, so I better pull my thinking cap on a bit tighter. That was a first, and I sure hope that I don’t go and leave it again. Yikes!

Monday we got back into the daily grind. I’ve been emotional lately, and I don’t have any good reason. I’ve caught myself crying watching Young and the Restless, (yes, I’m hooked on it and can admit it), Extreme Makeover, Cold Case, reading my book, playing with Quinn as she jabbered to me and anything slightly emotional, I’ve been a mess, so this morning was the same way. I could not let Quinn go this morning, I wanted to stay and cuddle and love on her and I think I told her see you later a half dozen times. Phew, I hope I get myself together quickly because I’m exhausted from being so darn emotional. The day went well for both of us though. Quinn loved up Virginia and at the same time was sure to freak Virginia out a bit too with her breathing here and there, but over all had a good day. My day was also good, getting back into the swing of school and seeing so many of my kiddo’s is always a good thing. So we are back in the swing of things, looking forward to therapies, Virginia’s, and Friday off for Easter. That is not to bad.

Happy Easter! How blessed we are!

No comments: