Wednesday, March 3, 2010

3-3


Well, we had a nice calm Monday. In fact Monday was pretty exciting and a bit overwhelming for me, as I signed Quinn up for Head Start with Lincoln Public schools. Basically that is preschool for next year. I felt a bit sick to my stomach to think of her in school, but I know she will do amazing and I think she will teach others as much as she learns in school, so I know it will be a good experience. Just another way to show she is growing up, and I’m not ready for her to grow up to fast.

Tuesday morning we woke up at 3:00 am with Quinn throwing up and being full of mucus. She continued to cough for the majority of the day. Virginia was wonderful and watched her, as I only have a few hours left on vacation time at school. Well I got her picked up but wanted to call the doctor and talk about her cough and how hard it was on her. Well after all is said and done we were back in the emergency room to get tests to make sure she did not have a secondary infection from last week. All the tests came back negative, which is good. So they wanted to give her an antibiotic shot and after 20 minutes send her home, making sure she did not have a bad reaction to it. Well to make a very long story short. We learned she is very allergic to Rocephin. I can only compare it to the blueberry girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. She however turned into a tomato. She turned bright read and started swelling up. The staff worked quickly and gave her breathing treatments to help her keep breathing with her throat swelling up. Her eyelids were even super swollen and she could not see for a while. After things started to calm down we were told we would be staying here after all. So she had some Benadryl and finally had a pretty good night sleep all in all. While all the drama was going on I was allowed to stay in the room. I know I have to stay calm or they will make me leave the room, so I was calm, but afterwards the tears started flowing. The moment was to close to home from past experiences where I thought I would loose her. It brought back past memories of rough times and again, made me so grateful to have her and just goes to show me that I love her more then I even know. So now we are cuddling in the hospital bed together writing this and just being thankful! She is amazing and such a fighter. I saw that again last night and I am just so proud of her for her strength. Whew. I’m hoping for a few calm weeks with not so much drama. I’m hoping we don’t get into a habit of spending Tuesday evening in the hospital as well. I’m going to pray that next Tuesday we are safe and sound at home resting peaceful at 10:00, unlike the last two Tuesdays. Past that I’m asking for prayers to get us home safe and for Quinn to continue to improve and feel good.

1 comment:

Chrissy Scheer, PT said...

Oh My...ok, so yesterday was a day of hospital stuff!...for many of my friends. Please let me know if there is anything I can do, or specific prayer requests. Tons of Hugs & Prayers! Chrissy :)