Monday, March 22, 2010

3-22


Wow, we have been busy and I feel like I need a nap as much as Quinn. Well, let me get my brain in line. First, Quinn has a new stress mechanism, now when we are at a doctor appointment she turns her face bright red. This happened twice in the last few days. Meeting with Dr. Swisher last Friday, she was so red he thought she might have a new virus, but once we got home she was fine. Today the same thing happened with the hip doctor, but once again as soon as we left she was fine. As for both doctor meetings, they went well, and Quinn was great. We left both appointments feeling good and glad to see Quinn continuing to improve. In fact the hip doctor said that she is comfortable with waiting to see Quinn again until next December. Yeah for that!

Last Friday we had Assistive technology come to the house to meet Quinn and get us some adaptive devices to help her continue improving and it’s looking good. We talked about new switches and gadgets and I’m super excited. I feel like I have so much to do now to help get ready for a few different ways for her to continue learning. So give us a month and we should have lots of new pictures of Quinn working hard with different gadgets.

Today I finally got Quinn all set up with a meeting for water therapy at Madonna for this Wednesday. I’m so excited about it. They also have a room of technology toys they loan out and I’m looking forward to trying that out too. To top it off I’ve run my battery low on my phone talking to parents, case workers and Assistive Technology architects on adapting the house. I still have a bit of my heart hoping that we get an Extreme Makeover on our house, but I also realize that I have to look into other avenues, instead of sticking my head in the sand and hoping. So in the next 30 days, the architect will come out and look at our house and we will talk about options and if it makes sense to stay here and adapt or move, so I’m excited, but not in a huge hurry. It was a big deal to make those calls, I’ve been putting them off, but finally the ball is officially rolling. We will see what becomes of everything. Wow, I feel like I’ve gotten a lot done and it’s only the first day of our spring break.

Well, I’m looking forward to some spring-cleaning and lots of playing and cuddling. A trip to the zoo later in the week and maybe even a pedicure for me. We will see what happens. I’m thankful for today and the rest of the week, so I better get busy with my cleaning so when Quinn wakes up we can play.

Thanks

Susan

No comments: